Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP is an innovative therapy that helps to regenerate tissue, not just treat inflammation or symptoms.
- PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is done to help heal tendon injuries, joint issues, knees, shoulders, etc.
- PRP begins with the doctor drawing blood from your vein, like a blood test.
- The blood is processed through a special centrifuge and kit and about 15 minutes later injected into where the pain in your shoulders, knees, elbows, low back, ankle, wrist, etc. exists.
- The treatment is ‘natural‘ in that the platelet growth factors and stem cells injected are yours!
- Other than a small amount of medicine to prevent the drawn blood from clotting, nothing is added.
- Many professional and amateur athletes have benefited from this treatment.
- Recovery: Rest the joint a few weeks after injection.
- Insurance: Covered by some PPO insurances, but we do not bill Medicare for this. Competitive cash rates. (Starting at $800 for PRP injection(s). Many doctors are charging as much as $1500 for this procedure.
An appointment with the doctor to discuss the suitability of this injection vs. other treatments or injections is recommended before the procedure itself is scheduled.